The Building Services Portal Pump Sizing Method
The building Services Portal pump sizing spreadsheet is the easy to use, simple concise method to accurately calculate pump duties. No need for pipe sizing charts, all values are automatically calculated. Dive right in and use the below embedded spreadsheet, or scroll down for further options, including a download link to the free version which includes detailed instructions and general pump sizing guidance.
Please be patient as the spreadsheet loads
First select the pipework material and system type in the system information box to activate the associated nominal pipe sizes from the drop down menus. White cells are to be filled in as required, with shaded cells displaying automatically calculated values. Further instructions and useful general pump sizing tips are contained within the downloadable free spreadsheet in the link below. Also see below for the basic and premium versions.
Watch our tutorial video to learn the Building Services Portal pump sizing method in just 4 mins ….
Pump sizing options
- Excel format
- Download now or try using the embedded spreadsheet above
- For systems with up to 6 separate sections (6 calculation rows), ideal for smaller pumped systems.
- Clear easy to follow instructions included
- Building Services Portal general pump sizing tips included
- Easy to use- no sizing charts required
£ 10 (incl. VAT)
All features of the free version plus…
- For systems with up to 20 separate sections (20 calculation rows), ideal for small to large domestic and commercial pumped systems.
- Enter project information to organise your calculations for multiple systems/ projects
- Note, this version contains the Building Services Portal logo and watermark
£ 99 (incl. VAT)
All features of the basic version plus…
- For systems with up to 30 separate sections (30 calculation rows), ideal for any sized domestic or commercial pumped system.
- Features your company logo and watermark removed for professional presentation of your calculations.
- Option to change advanced variables- roughness, fluid temperature, density and viscosity.
- Option to display advance fluid dynamics calculations including Reynolds number, Lamda and pressure velocity, all automatically calculated.
- Customer support- Our team of Chartered Engineers respond to all product related questions within 1 working day
£ 198 (incl. VAT)
Premium Design Pack Includes…
- The Premium Building Services Portal Pump sizer spreadsheet
- The Premium Building Services Portal Fan sizer spreadsheet
- Building Services Portal 32 GB USB memory stick
- Free delivery
- 90-Day money back guarantee
Further pump sizer details...
Easy to Use
The Building Services Portal pump sizing method is the easy way to accurately size pumps for heating, chilled water and domestic water systems. Calculations are presented in a professional manor suitable for client presentation.
The spreadsheet is suitable for many different pump applications including commercial, residential, industrial, domestic etc. All calculations are to industry recognised methods.
Simply enter the various system variables for your chosen system and the pump duty calculator will do the rest. Pump duties can be calculated from entering the below information;
- Pipe size for each system section
- Flow rates for each system section
- Quantities of each fitting type
- Design allowances
- Addition losses such as boiler and appliance resistances
There is no need for pipe sizing charts, velocities and pressure losses are all calculated automatically!
The spreadsheet can be used to select appropriate pipe sizes for each section of your system extremely quickly.
Instructions and general pump sizing guidance included
The pump sizing spreadsheet includes detailed instructions for use and general pump sizing advice. Simply click on the relevant tab at the bottom of the page to display the different sheets containing the guidance.
Download the free version now to experience the ease of use that makes the Building Service Portal pump sizer the choice for your building services design needs.
The basic version includes an expanded 20 calculation rows which makes it ideal for domestic and commercial pumped systems.
Enter your project information to organise your calculations across different systems and projects.
Note, this version displays the Building Services Portal Logo and ‘Basic Version’ watermark. Select the Premium version to display your company logo and watermark removed.
Basic Pump Sizer- £10 (incl. VAT)
Present your calculations professionally
The Premium version is ideal for professionally presenting your calculations. The Premium version includes your company logo which makes it ideal for presenting calculations to clients. Your logo will be in place of the Building Services Portal logo.
Includes up to 30 rows of calculations per sheet so can be used for many different sized systems, from small domestic to large commercial systems.
Option to change advanced variables- roughness, fluid temperature, density and viscosity.
Includes the option to display advance fluid dynamic calculations including Reynolds number, Lamda and pressure velocity, all automatically calculated.
The Premium version comes with the added benefit of customer support. Our team of Chartered Engineers will respond to any questions related to the pump sizer within 1 working day.
We are confident you will be happy with your purchase but offer a no quibble 90-day money back guarantee.
Building Services Portal- Premium Design Pack
The Premium Design Pack includes the following;
- The Building Services Portal Premium Pump Sizer
- The Building Services Portal Premium Fan Sizer
- Building Services Portal 32GB USB Memory stick
- Customer Support
- 90-Day Money Back Guarantee
Premium Design Pack- £198 (incl. VAT)